- Yield: 12
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 9h 00 min
Slow Cooker Carne Guisada
An amazing Texas dish filled with the best flavors from the south.
If you are a big fan of Texas dishes then get your slow cooker ready for this delectable recipe. The name may be a bit be confusing but I'm sure it won't matter once you get a bite of this dish.
This is one of the easiest Texas dishes I have every made and one of my favorites. This is best served with flour tortillas. And if you have your own flour tortilla recipe, I think this is the best time to make some of it.
Check out the recipe below.
- bottle (12 ounces) beer - 1
- all-purpose flour - 1/4 cup
- tomato paste - 2 tablespoons
- jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped - 1
- Worcestershire sauce - 4 teaspoons
- bay leaf - 1
- crushed red pepper flakes - 2 to 3 teaspoons
- chili powder - 2 teaspoons
- ground cumin - 1-1/2 teaspoons
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- paprika - 1/2 teaspoon
- cloves, minced - 2 garlic
- red wine vinegar - 1/2 teaspoon
- Dash liquid smoke, optional
- boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds), cut into 2-inch pieces - 1
- large unpeeled red potatoes, chopped - 2
- medium onion, chopped - 1
- Whole wheat tortillas or hot cooked brown rice, lime wedges and chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, mix first 13 ingredients and, if desired, liquid smoke.
- Stir in pork, potatoes and onion.
- Cook, covered, on low until pork is tender, 7-9 hours.
- Discard bay leaf; skim fat from cooking juices.
- Shred pork slightly with two forks.
- Serve with remaining ingredients as desired.
I would love to know how this recipe turns out for you and if you enjoyed it. Don’t forget to leave us a comment and rate the recipe. Hope you enjoy.
Happy slow cooking!
A very huge thank you to tasteofhome.com for this delicious recipe.