- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6h 00 min
Slow Cooker Beef And Rice Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
A healthy and balanced slow cooker recipe that is light and super delish!
This recipe is so quick to make. And I actually find it fun making this recipe. Not only is it quick and fun but it is a healthy dish as well.
This is one dish that you can serve if you want to encourage people you know don’t eat veggies to have veggies. At least, the flavors will compliment the cabbage and the beef and rice give the dish a full satisfying completion to it.
Check out the recipe below.
- cabbage leaves - 12
- cooked brown rice - 1 cup
- finely chopped onion - 1/4 cup
- large egg, lightly beaten - 1
- fat-free milk - 1/4 cup
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- lean ground beef (90% lean) - 1 lb
- tomato sauce - 1 can (8 ounces)
- brown sugar - 1 tablespoon
- lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 teaspoon
- In batches, cook cabbage in boiling water 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; cool slightly.
- Trim the thick vein from the bottom of each cabbage leaf, making a V-shaped cut.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, onion, egg, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Place about 1/4 cup beef mixture on each cabbage leaf. Pull together cut edges of leaf to overlap; fold over filling. Fold in sides and roll up.
- Place six rolls in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, seam side down. In a bowl, mix sauce ingredients; pour half of the sauce over cabbage rolls.
- Top with remaining rolls and sauce. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until a thermometer inserted in beef reads 160° and cabbage is tender.
I’d love to know how it turns out for you. Don’t forgot to leave a comment about this dish or even an image if you were able to make it. Don’t forget to rate it as well.
Happy slow cooking!
A very big thank you to tasteofhome.com for this awesome recipe.