- Yield: Family
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4h 00 min
The Ultimate Buttermilk Soaked Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes [VIDEO]
A very mouthwatering potato dish you can easily prepare.
I have discovered another amazing potato dish that I just can't keep to myself. It is one of those dishes one should definitely share with all the slow cooking friends one has.
This s one of those dishes that would make you experience a really feel good dish. It is the very definition of comfort food at its finest. It only takes a couple of minutes to prepare either before you leave for work or on a weekend before you start any start any chores. Just leave it to cook and then enjoy a home filled an amazing buttermilk aroma that will tickle you senses.
Check out the recipe below.
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes
- Idaho Russet Potatoes, thinly sliced - 4 pounds
- buttermilk - 3 cups
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated - 2 cups
- butter - 2 TBSP
- coarse salt - 1 TBSP
- few cracks black pepper
- In a large bowl, season buttermilk with salt and pepper.
- As you slice the potatoes, put the slices into the buttermilk to soak.
- Layer the buttermilk soaked potato slices with little pieces of butter and cheese in the crock of a slow cooker.
- Put the lid on and set for high. Cook for about 4 hours, or until the potatoes are 185(F) and cooked through.
- Turn off the slow cooker and allow to rest 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with crumbled potato chips and bacon bits if desired.
Serves 10-12. I used a 6 quart slow cooker.
But I am pretty sure a lot of you have known this recipe for quite some time now. As it was my first time to try it, I was left speechless. Well, just imagine my kids and hubby amazement considering that they love potatoes and cheese. I strongly recommend you try it out too for you to find out why we are crazy about this dish.
Watch the full recipe video.