- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2h 30 min
The Secret To Making The Best Slow Cooker Maple-Sauced Pears
An incomparable pear dessert made by your very own slow cooker.
My slow cooker is like a magic pot sent from heaven. I love cooking anything in it. I can perfectly whip up appetizers, main dishes, desserts, snacks and even drinks in a slow cooker.
Just take for example this scrumptious dessert recipe I am about to share. This slow cooker dessert is a complete show stopper. It is made up of luscious slow cooked pears in a pool of buttery maple sauce. Now, who could say no to that?
Check out the recipe below.
[headline margintop="" marginbottom="30" clearfix="1" ]Slow Cooker Maple-Sauced Pears[/headline]
- Peel pears. Core pears from bottom, leaving stems attached. Place pears upright in 3 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Mix remaining ingredients except cornstarch and orange juice; pour over pears.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove pears from cooker; place upright in serving dish or individual dessert dishes.
- Mix cornstarch and orange juice; stir into sauce in cooker. Cover and cook on high heat setting about 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Spoon sauce over pears.
This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
I’d love to know how this recipe turns out for you. And of course, I’d really want to know if you like it as much as I do. So don’t forget to leave your comments below and rate the recipe.
Happy slow cooking!
A very huge thank you to bettycrocker.com for this delicious dessert recipe.