- Yield: 6-8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2h 00 min
The Most Mouthwatering Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake
Enjoy a delightful dessert after an amazing meal with this slow cooker dessert.
A meal won't be complete without a dessert to top it off. For me and my family, we must always have something sweet after meal. It may be a simple candy bar or chocolate but of course it is much better if it were ice cream, of cake or anything baked.
And if you are craving for a chocolate cake, then this recipe is one that you should try out right away. Chocolate cakes are never a fail when it comes to desserts and this definitely will not disappoint you.
Check out the recipe below.
- For the cake
- flour - 1 cup
- cocoa powder - 2 tablespoons
- sugar - 1/2 cup
- baking powder - 1 1/2 teaspoons
- salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- milk - 1/2 cup
- canola oil - 2 tablespoons
- vanilla - 1 tablespoon
- Nutella (or peanut butter, or cookie butter) - 1/2 cup
- chocolate chips (any kind would work great) - 1/2 cup
- For the topping
- cocoa powder - 3 tablespoons
- sugar - 3/4 cup
- boiling water - 1 1/2 cups
- To serve
- whipping cream - 1 cup
- powdered sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Nutella - 1-2 tablespoons
- chopped hazelnuts - 1-2 tablespoons
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- To make the cake, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, oil, and vanilla, and then add to the dry ingredients, mixing well. Fold in the Nutella and chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- To make the topping, add the cocoa powder and sugar to a small bowl, then pour the boiling water over the top.
- Stir until dissolved, then pour the mixture over the top of the cake batter in the slow cooker.
- Do not stir! Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for two hours, or until the top layer has puffed up and is set.
- To serve, whip the cream until light and fluffy, then add the powdered sugar and whip until combined.
- Warm the Nutella in the microwave on 50% power until melted. Dollop each piece of cake with some freshly whipped cream, then drizzle with warm Nutella.
- Top with chopped hazelnuts and enjoy!
I’d love to know if this dessert passes your standards for chocolate cakes. Don’t forget to leave a message and rate the recipe as well.
Happy slow cooking!
A very huge thank you to iheartnaptime.net for this delicious recipe.