- Yield: 8
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
Tender And Spicy Slow Cooker Apple Cake
A unique and luscious slow cooker apple dessert recipe that perfectly defines easy.
This apple dish is truly one a kind if you consider this a dessert. It is the perfect example of sugar, spice and everything nice.
The tenderness, the sweetness and the apple flavor is something you can really relate to for a slow cooker dessert, but add a bit of spice and your desert becomes something very unique and more delicious. Find out why by trying it out.
Check out the recipe below.
[headline margintop="" marginbottom="30" clearfix="1" ]Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Sandwiches[/headline]
- all-purpose flour - 1 ½ cups
- packed dark brown sugar - 1/3 cup
- ground cinnamon - 1 1/2 tsp
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg - 1/4 tsp
- ground cloves - 1/8 tsp
- unsweetened applesauce - 1 cup
- buttermilk - 1/3 cup
- butter, melted - 1/4 cup
- vanilla - 3 tsp
- egg - 1
- dried apple slices, coarsely chopped - 1 cup
- frozen whipped topping, thawed, if desired
- Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place 2 (30-inch-long) strips of cooking parchment paper in X pattern in bottom and up side of slow cooker; line bottom of slow cooker with cooking parchment paper. Spray paper with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cloves with whisk. In small bowl, mix applesauce, buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla and egg. Add applesauce mixture to flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Stir in dried apples. Pour batter into slow cooker and spread in even layer.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes or until puffed and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into wedges. Serve warm; top with whipped topping.
If you are ready fro something you will never forget, then get cooking. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and if you do, don’t forget to comment below and rate the recipe. Happy slow cooking!
A big thank you to bettycrocker.com for this awesome recipe.