- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4h 00 min
Slow Cooker Southwestern Pork And Squash Soup
A great combination of pork and squash in a warm bowl perfect for evening meals.
There are times that I would really want to have a dish with both some meat in it and some veggies to balance out the dish for my family. And there are times that it is difficult to find really good recipes.
Thankfully, slow cookers all over the world are very generous sharing amazing recipes like this one I am about to also share with you. This is one recipe that you will enjoy having especially during days you are completely tired and would want something warm and comforting.
Check out the recipe below.
[headline margintop="" marginbottom="30" clearfix="1" ]Slow Cooker Southwestern Pork And Squash Soup[/headline]
- pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes - 1 pound
- medium onion, chopped - 1
- canola oil - 1 tablespoon
- reduced-sodium chicken broth - 3 cups
- medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed - 1
- medium carrots, sliced - 2
- diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained - 1 can (14-1/2 ounces)
- chili powder - 1 tablespoon
- ground cumin - 1 teaspoon
- dried oregano - 1 teaspoon
- pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- In a large skillet, brown pork and onion in oil; drain.
- Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
This dish is one of those slow cooker dishes that my family adores especially during the mid week. Since my little boy is a big fan of squash, it is always a pleasure preparing this for my family.
I hope you enjoy how amazing this soup it and its healthy benefits. Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave your comments below. Happy slow cooking!
A very huge thank you to tasteofhome.com for this great recipe.