- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6h 00 min
Slow Cooker Sausage And Peppers
A super satisfying and super duper easy dish to prepare.
Sausages are the ultimate go to meat ingredient if you want to have something simple but delish at the same time. It is also one of my go to choices when I prepare for a party of small gathering.
This slow cooker recipe is one of my hubby’s favorite too. The sausage and the peppers are perfect together. You can have it as, or with pasta or my personal favorite on a hotdog bun as a sandwich.
Check out the recipe below.
- can crushed tomatoes - 1 28-oz.
- olive oil - 1 tbsp.
- dried oregano - 1 tsp.
- pinch red pepper flakes
- bell peppers, thinly sliced - 2
- Italian sausage - 1 lb.
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- basil, thinly sliced - 1 tbsp.
- hoagie rolls, toasted - 6
- Combine crushed tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes and olive oil in the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Stir in onion, bell peppers and Italian sausage.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low 6 hours.
- Stir basil into the cooked sausage and peppers.
- Serve warm on toasted hoagie rolls or on pasta.
Try it out and do share what was your favorite way of serving it. Also, don’t forget to rate this recipe below.
Happy slow cooking!
A very huge thank you to delish.com for this delicious recipe.