- Yield: 4-6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2h 00 min
Slow Cooker Nutella French Toast Casserole with Caramelized Bananas
A childhood treat that your slow cooker can turn into the finest desert.
This is a dish that everyone who loves Nutella will certainly love as well. And I am sure a lot of people you know fancy Nutella once in a while and even has some stashed away for a rainy day. And if you are one of those people who stashes this delectable spread and you have a slow cooker around, then you should definitely try this recipe.
It is actually a fun recipe to do. And I love taking my time doing this recpe. It gets me all excited coz I know my kids and hubby will enjoy eating it. And of course, there are so left-overs every time I have this as a dessert for them.
Check out the recipe below.
[headline margintop="" marginbottom="30" clearfix="1" ]Slow Cooker Nutella French Toast Casserole with Caramelized Bananas[/headline]
- loaf challah bread (about 1 pound), cut into cubes - 1
- large eggs - 6
- vanilla almond milk (or normal milk) - 2 cups
- ground cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- vanilla extract - 1 tablespoon
- Nutella, plus more for topping - 2 heaping tablespoons
- Pinch salt
- unsalted butter - 1 tablespoon
- bananas, sliced - 4
- brown sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Cube your bread and place it in the slow cooker.
- Add the eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, Nutella, and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- It won’t fully combine, and that’s a ok. Just whisk for a minute or two so that the Nutella looks evenly distributed and the eggs are whisked.
- Pour over the challah bread in the slow cooker.
- Mix so that all of the bread is saturated with the mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- When there are about 15 minutes left on the slow cooker, slice your bananas and add to a bowl.
- Add the brown sugar and mix to combine.
- Add the butter to a saute pan over medium high heat. Add the banana slices to the pan (you may have to work in batches) and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until the bananas have browned slightly.
- Scoop out the French Toast mixture and top with a scoop of the bananas. Add a dollop of Nutella if desired.
If you love this recipe as much as my boys do, don’t forget to leave your comments below and rate it too. Happy slow cooking!
A very huge thank you to icancookthat.org for this delicious dish!