- Yield: 8
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 7h 00 min
Slow Cooker Lamb, Bean, And Sweet Potato Chili
A major upgraded version of beef and bean chili cooked in a slow cooker.
I think chili dishes are one of those recipes that you can prepare for any event, occasion or day. It is one of those that you can definitely enjoy no matter what your mood is. And one other reason I enjoy this is that we basically have tons of different chili recipes we can choose from.
Take this recipe for example. This is original from a beef and bean chili recipe. It was modified a bit to give it a different flavor and meat base. It turns out as juicy and scrumptious as the original recipe.
Check out the recipe below
[headline margintop="" marginbottom="30" clearfix="1" ]Slow Cooker Lamb, Bean, And Sweet Potato Chili[/headline]
- boneless lamb shoulder or beef chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces - 1 ½ pounds
- sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces - 1 pound
- reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained - 215 ounce cans
- diced tomatoes, undrained - 214 1/2 ounce cans
- 50% less sodium beef broth - 114 1/2 ounce can
- fresh poblano chile peppers, chopped - 2
- chopped onion - 1 cup
- chopped carrot - ½ cup
- chopped celery - ½ cup
- salt - 1 teaspoon
- dried oregano, crushed - 1 teaspoon
- ground cumin - 1 teaspoon
- chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- black pepper - ½ teaspoon
- bottled Louisiana hot sauce - 1 – 2 tablespoons
- Plain fat-free Greek yogurt (optional)
- In a 5- to 6-qt. slow cooker combine first 14 ingredients (through black pepper).
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours or high 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Stir in hot sauce. If desired, top servings with yogurt.
This can serve as a really great dish for winter. So what better way than to have this special chili dish as one of your December menu dishes, right? You can even have it for Christmas or New Year.
Happy slow cooking and I hope you enjoy it.
A very big thank you to bhg.com for this delicious recipe.