- Yield: 6-8
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 9h 00 min
Slow Cooker Jalapeño Popper White Bean Chili
A slow cooker chili recipe too good not to share.
Since the breeze is starting to get colder this time of the year, I think it would yes be right to have a hefty number of warm almost soup like recipes in hand. Ad your slow cooker is the best partner you can consider for them.
Like this recipe I am about to share, you can just throw everything in, leave it to cook while you go on with your day and then end your day with a warm comforting delicious meal straight out of your slow cooker. This chili recipe will definitely do the trick.
Check out the recipe below.
[headline margintop="" marginbottom="30" clearfix="1" ]Slow Cooker Jalapeño Popper White Bean Chili[/headline]
- chopped yellow or white onion - 1 cup
- jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped - 2
- garlic, finely minced or pressed - 3 cloves
- red or yellow bell pepper, small diced - 1/2 cup
- chicken breasts, trimmed of fat - 1 pound (about 2 chicken breasts)
- chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- ground cumin - 1 teaspoon
- dried oregano - 1 teaspoon
- diced tomatoes, undrained - 1 (14-ounce) can
- low-sodium chicken broth - 4 cups
- dry white beans, rinsed and picked through to remove any stones or bad beans - 12 ounces
- salt - 1 teaspoon
- pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- light cream cheese, cut into cubes - 8 ounces
- frozen corn kernels - 1 cup
- bacon, cooked and crumbled or chopped - 6-8 slices
- Add all the ingredients except the cream cheese, corn and bacon to a 5-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Remove the chicken and chop into pieces or shred into bite-sized pieces. See the note above about thickening part of the soup. Make your decision. Then return the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the cubed cream cheese and the corn. Cover the slow cooker to let the cream cheese soften and the corn heat through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir to combine. Add additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve topped with the crumbled bacon.
You will for sure forget that the nights are starting to get chilly with this warm chili recipe. And if you do end up liking them, then forget to comment your thoughts below and rate the recipe.
Happy slow cooking and enjoy the dish!
A very huge thank you to Mel of melskitchencafe.com for this healthy and delicious dish.