- Yield: 4-6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8h 00 min
Slow Cooker Beef and Cheddar Mac
The perfect and easiest weekday slow cooker meal.
After a long day of work or school, it is always nice to go home to a warm meal that will take away all the exhaustion from the long day. And it is a plus if it is something that gives us a bit of childhood memory.
This recipe is the perfect example of that kind of dish. If you love mac and cheese then you will also love this. It gives a different twist to mac and cheese but it certainly gives you the same satisfaction as your childhood favorite dish.
Check out the recipe below.
[headline margintop="" marginbottom="30" clearfix="1" ]Slow Cooker Beef and Cheddar Mac [/headline]
- ground beef - browned and drained - 1 pound
- shallot chopped finely - 1
- diced potatoes - 1 Cup
- salt - ½ teaspoon
- pepper - ½ teaspoon
- garlic powder - ½ teaspoon
- Condensed Mushroom Soup - 1 can
- onion flakes - ½ teaspoon
- cayenne powder - a pinch
- 2% milk - ½ cup
- shell pasta, cooked - 1½ cup
- grated cheddar cheese - 2 Cups
- Olive Oil
- Coat the inside of your slow cooker with a little olive oil
- Combine all ingredients into the slow cooker except - milk, pasta, cheddar cheese.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours or 3 hours on high
- Add milk and pasta during the last 30 minutes ( low) or 15 minutes ( high)
- Right before serving add the 2 cups of cheddar cheese - stir until well melted
Try this simple and awesomely delicious dish out and tell me what you think. Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below and rate the recipe as well.
Happy slow cooking!
A very big thank you to budgetsavvydiva.com for this amazing dish!