- Yield: 4-6
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 9h 00 min
Crock Pot Garlic Chicken, Roasted Cauliflower And Sautéed Green Beans
You can never fail with chicken and veggies for all kinds of occasion.
There are days that I feel so desperate trying to make my kids eat veggies for them to have a whole hearty meal. Thanks to several slow cooker recipes, I no longer need to worry about preparing several dishes which will be yummy and healthy at the same time.
This recipe is one example of a slow cooker dish that gives you the best of both, delicious and healthy. One thing I love about this is how tender the chicken is, which is also one of the reasons why my sons love having this for meals.
Check out the recipe below.
- Crock Pot Garlic Chicken
- organic chicken (4-5 lbs), neck and giblets removed, rinsed and dried - 1
- kosher salt - 2 teaspoons
- black pepper - ½ teaspoon
- paprika - 1 ½ teaspoons
- Herbes de Provence - 1 ½ teaspoons
- onion , chopped - 1
- garlic , peeled - 20 cloves
- Roasted Cauliflower
- large head cauliflower , cut into large florets - 1
- grapeseed oil - 1 ½ Tablespoons
- garlic , minced - 2 cloves
- Herbes de Provence - 1/2 teaspoon
- Dash cayenne or red chili flakes
- kosher salt - ½ plus 1/8 teaspoons
- black pepper - 1/8 teaspoon
- Sauteed Green Beans
- haricot vert (thin green beans), trimmed - 1 pound
- grapeseed oil - ½ Tablespoon
- kosher salt - ¼ teaspoon
- Dash black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
Crock Pot Garlic Chicken:
- Rub chicken with seasonings, inside and out.
- Put chopped onion on the bottom of crockpot, add chicken on top, and sprinkle garlic cloves over it.
- Turn crockpot on low for about 6-8 hours, until meat is pulling away from the end of drumstick. Serve with some juices and garlic from crockpot.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower with the remaining ingredients and put on a baking sheet. Roast until browned, about 35-45 minutes, turning occasionally.
Sautéed Green Beans:
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil.
- Once oil is hot add the green beans, salt, and pepper. Saute, turning occasionally, until some brown appears on the beans, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add lemon zest.
Oh I forgot to mention that this is totally gluten-free and a completely budget-friendly meal. This is perfect for family meals especially for kids.
A very big thank you to boulderlocavore.com for this amazing dish.