- Yield: 2-4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5h 00 min
Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
Chicken and parmesan in one dish you will go crazy about.
This is a chicken recipe you will love not only coz it has cheese but also coz you are cooking it n a slow cooker. And eventually, your chicken will turn out moist, tender and super flavorful.
It is so easy to make as you will basically throw all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Not only is the chicken incredible, the sauce is just as amazing as well.
Check out the recipe below.
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts - 2-4
- Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs - ½ cup
- Parmesan Cheese - ¼ cup
- black pepper - ¼ teaspoon
- kosher salt - ¼ teaspoon
- olive oil - 1 Tablespoon
- egg, beaten - 1
- sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese
- favorite jarred marinara sauce
- Spread the 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the bottom of your crockpot.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg until beaten.
- Mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pepper and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides with egg and bread crumb mixture.
- Place the chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Layer 2-3 slices or 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top, depending on how much cheese you like.
- Cover chicken and cheese with entire jar of marinara sauce.
- Close lid and cook on low for about 5 hours or until chicken is done.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
Everyone who will try this will definitely rave about this dish after they try it. You will be a rockstar and everybody will talk about this dish and it might even be a favorite.
Happy slow cooking!
A very big thank you to chef-in-training.com for this awesome this.