- Yield: 8-10
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2h 00 min
A Very Hearty Slow Cooker Tamale Dip
The perfect tamale-inspired dip to serve in any party you will have.
Want something healthy but extra delicious you won’t even think of counting calories? Well, if the answer is yes and you just love having dips to match chips, biscuits and any finger food you can ever think of, then this slow cooker dip recipe is something you must try.
This tamale dip is just amazing. You won’t get overwhelmed with the cheese as the shredded rotisserie chicken complements it so well. And I swear you won’t be able to stop eating after trying it.
Check out the recipe below.
[headline margintop="" marginbottom="30" clearfix="1" ] Slow Cooker Tamale Dip[/headline]
- shredded Cheddar - 3/4 cup
- Shredded Monterey Jack - 1/2 cup
- Cream Cheese, Cubed - 8 oz.
- garlic, minced - 2 cloves
- jalapeño, minced - 1/2
- enchilada sauce - 1 (15-oz.) can
- canned corn, drained - 1 cup
- shredded rotisserie chicken - 1 cup
- chili powder - 1 tablespoon
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Combine all ingredients except cilantro in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Right before ready to serve, garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Here’s a bit of a tip. I suggest that you make sure to cook double the amount as this dip will disappear instantly. That is how good it is. It would always be nice to have some extra for safekeeping during times you just crave for some.
Happy slow cooking!
A very big thank you to delish.com for this amazing dip recipe.