- Yield: family
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 3h 30 min
A Simplified Version Of Slow Cooker Smothered Chicken
Try the big flavors of this super simple slow cooked chicken dish!
I know how popular chicken dishes are in the Lazy Oven recipes. And since I would like to share more love, I think it is just right to share more amazing chicken recipes for everyone to enjoy.
If you love smothered pork or beef, you will also love smothered chicken. You can never go wrong with this recipe. It may be one of the easiest smothered recipes you will ever make. Thanks to the slow cooker of course.
Check out the recipe below.
Slow Cooker Smothered Chicken
- boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 6) - 1 package (20 oz)
- Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton) - ¼ cup
- chive & onion cream cheese spread - 1 container (8 oz)
- salt - ¼ teaspoon
- pepper - ½ teaspoon
- chopped cooked bacon - 1 cup
- frozen sweet peas - 1 cup
- as desired - Cooked egg noodles
- Spray bottom of 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add chicken thighs to slow cooker.
- In small microwavable bowl, mix chicken broth, cream cheese spread, salt and pepper. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute; beat with whisk until smooth. Pour mixture on top of chicken thighs. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- Stir 3/4 cup of the bacon and the frozen sweet peas into chicken mixture; mix well. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until peas are cooked.
- Serve chicken and sauce over cooked egg noodles; top with remaining 1/4 cup bacon.
And the flavors are just amazing! The herb cream cheese is to thank for the flavor you will be enjoying with this dish! It has been one of my children’s favorite and mine too. And I’m sure it will be yours after you try it out. So what are you waiting for? Start cooking and tell me what you think about it.
A very big thank you to pillsbury.com for this amazing dish!