- Yield: 20
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2h 40 min
The World’s Easiest Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
A super healthy version of casserole that your family will enjoy for any holiday.
Ok, I am still on the Thanksgiving menu planning mood. So do bear with me if you get to see a lot of Thanksgiving recipes in the next couple of days or until Thanksgiving comes. There are just so many recipes you can choose from fro this Thanksgiving and I am here to help you out with it.
Now if you are eyeing a healthier Thanksgiving meal, this recipe can be at the top of your list. It is super easy to make and super tasty. Even those who are not really a fan of beans will love this dish after tasting it.
Checkout the recipe below.
[headline margintop="" marginbottom="30" clearfix="1" ]Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole[/headline]
- In a very large bowl, add the cream of mushrooms soup, milk, black pepper, and onion powder, whisk until smooth.
- Add the drained green beans, and 1 of the canisters of french fried onions into the large bowl with the soup mixture you just made, and with a spatula, fold everything together, being careful not to break the green beans up.
- Spray the slow cooker with the non-stick cooking spray, and add the green bean mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 2.5 hours.
- After cooking time is done, add the other canister of french fried onions onto the green beans. Take the slow cooker insert out of the heating element, and put into the oven (without the lid on!). My oven was set at 350 degrees. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the onions are browned.
- Set the insert back into the slow cooker heating elelment, replace the lid, and set the slow cooker to WARM until ready to serve.
This dish will definitely make you love beans more and enjoy Thanksgiving without worrying about the calories or the weight you will be adding up. This s also perfect if you have kids around.
I hope you try this out and enjoy it.
A very huge thank you to themagicalslowcooker.com for this healthy recipe.