- Yield: 7-8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5h 00 min
Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes
A very healthy and easy to make veggie slow cooker dish.
If you have kids, most of the time, you know how difficult it is to make them try veggies. Luckily my kids have been introduced to veggies when they were allowed to have mashed solid foods already.
Sweet potatoes are one of my family’s favorites. We have a small farm out of town with sweet potatoes as one of those we harvest so we never really ran out of it. Thus, different recipes for this ingredient are a must at our home. And this recipe is one that I am very enthusiastic in sharing.
Check out the recipe below.
[headline margintop="" marginbottom="30" clearfix="1" ]Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes[/headline]
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes.
- I place on big piece of foil on the bottom of the slow cooker to "catch" any juices from the cooking sweet potatoes.
- Wrap each sweet potato in foil and place into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or until tender. Leave the lid on so the heat doesn't escape.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Serve these on holidays, special occasions and even on family weekends. I promise you, kids and adults will love it and ask for more.
Happy slow cooking!
A very huge thank you to themagicalslowcooker.com for this amazing recipe.